Family Therapy Inspired Treatment
This brief behavioral health treatment program now available in Allegheny County addresses the family's communication and structure in the home and community. Family Therapy Inspired Treatment helps those seeking to expand therapy to include the family, or those who have had other family therapy treatment and are ready to step down to a less intensive service. The program:
- Addressed concerns with the functioning of the family while capitalizing on strengths
- Works in conjunction with the parents, siblings and other family members to strengthen relationships and discover new patterns of interaction
- Utilizes strengths and a positive approach
- Works to implement lasting change
How does my child qualify for Family Therapy Inspired Treatment?
- Participants must have a qualifying Axis 1 diagnosis or ASD diagnosis documented by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist in an evaluation report.
- Participants must be approved through the BHRS authorization process.
- The service can be recommended through a psychological evaluation or an Interagency Service Plan Team (ISPT) meeting.
For more information about how Family Therapy Inspired Treatment supports children with behavioral health needs and helps strengthen families in the Pittsburgh area, contact Karlee Meckey at 412-772-6962 or KMeckey@BarberInstitute.org or Allison Marcin at 412-772-6963 or AMarcin@BarberInstitute.org