Happy Hearts Early Childhood Education Program
Our Happy Hearts Early Childhood Education Program at Barber National Institute provides a state-of-the-art educational experience where all preschool children have the opportunity to learn and grow. This fully-inclusive program serves typical children and children with identified developmental delays. Full or part-time enrollment is available based on family preference.
Happy Hearts benefits from more than 60 years experience that the Barber National Institute has as a leader in the field of education. This Keystone Stars Certified program offers a progressive, innovative curriculum that encourages the development of creativity, self-direction, positive peer interactions and communication. Our experience in individualized education allows us to guide each child toward his or her potential. We also have childcare available from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Payment of one daily fee entitles the child to a full day of services, from our opening to closing time. (7:00 am - 5:30 pm)
- We accept private payment by check, money order or credit card.
- We accept subsidy from CCIS (Child Care Information Systems of Erie County) and payment from the Office of Children & Youth for Special Purchases.
Scholarships are available for our preschool program.
Contact Nina Wolfarth at (814) 878-4080 or NWolfarth@BarberInstitute.org for more information on scholarships for our Happy Hearts Early Childhood Education Program at the Barber National Institute in Erie, PA.
Annual Calendar of Service Days
- Child care for preschool aged students is offered before and after each day of the preschool calendar.
- Fulltime day care is available when pre-school is not in session.
- Happy Hearts Preschool Child Care is closed on major holidays celebrated by the Barber National Institute.
Meals and Snacks
- Preschoolers attending both the before and after school programs will receive a daily snack as part of the tuition.
- Both breakfast and lunch are available.