Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program
Businesses in Pennsylvania may now earn a substantial tax credit while helping children in need in our community. The Barber National Institute is approved for the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program by the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development. This means that businesses can now receive a direct reduction of their state tax amount when they choose to make a contribution to one of these two programs:
Preschool Scholarship Program
- Making preschool more affordable for qualifying families.
- Businesses may receive a tax credit equal to 100% of the first $10,000 contributed and up to 90% of the remaining amount contributed, up to a maximum credit of $200,000 annually.
- Supporting children with disabilities at the Barber National Institute.
- Funds technology, adaptive equipment and other needed services.
- Provides companies with a 75% tax credit for donations to an educational improvement organization.
- The tax credit increases to 90% if the company commits to making the same donations for two consecutive years.
- The business tax cap was recently increased to $400,000 for this program.
- We hope that you will seriously consider how your business may benefit from this program. A contribution of any size—no amount is too large or too small—will be eligible for the tax credit.
In order to be accepted into this program, the Barber National Institute had to meet stringent requirements demonstrating that we provide "innovative educational programs." You can be assured that your gift to the Barber National Institute will directly benefit children and families served by our world-class organization.
For more information, please contact Dr. Maureen Barber-Carey, Executive Vice President at the Barber National Institute, at (814) 878-5903 or MaureenBarberCarey@BarberInstitute.org.