Community Pool at The Barber National Institute
In addition to serving children and adults of the Barber National Institute, the pool offers a wide range of programs open to the community. No patron will have difficulty entering and exiting the pool with its movable floor that rises to the level of the deck and lowers 4 ½ feet. The facility provides a variety of equipment and floatation devices to be used for teaching in all skill levels and abilities. Because of the special needs of many of our patrons, our pool is kept at a therapeutic and soothing temperature between 88-94 degrees.
Learn-to-Swim Lessons with American Red Cross Certified Instructors
- $65.00 / 8 week session for non-members. (This fee is applied to any membership if you wish to continue with lessons starting with the next session.)
- $12.00 / Private Lessons
- $170.00 / child – annual (includes 4 Learn- To- Swim sessions)
- $410.00 / family – annual (includes 4 Learn-To- Swim sessions for each family member)
These memberships benefit the Learn-To-Swim Lessons and Family Swims only.
$45.00 / additional session within membership year.
Arthritis Aquatics, Adult Open Exercise, Deep H2O Exercise
- $4.00 / 1 hour swim.
- $24.00 for 8 visits (=$3.00 / visit)
- $44.00 for 16 visits (=$2.75 / visit)
- $54.00 for 24 visits (=$2.25 / visit)
Discount cards available.
- $3.00 / 1 hour swim.
Discount cards may be used.
Members – no charge
Pool & Gym Rentals
- $60.00 / hour – pool and 2 lifeguards
- $50.00 / hour – gym
Children under 6 years of age:
- Must be accompanied by an adult in the pool at all times.
- Swim for FREE during family swim.
For questions or more information about the community pool at the Barber National Institute, contact Mary Adams at MaryAdams@barberinstitute.org.