What is Brief Structural Family Therapy?
This is a brief treatment program in BHRS established to address a family’s communication and structure challenges in the home. The treatment, conducted by master’s level therapists, is designed to support the child and strengthen the family. Brief Family Therapy utilizes the Structural Family Therapy Model and Applied Behavior Analysis.
The Brief Structural Family Therapy Program:
- Supports the child and strengthens the family by improving communication and structure within the home.
- Helps families who seeking to expand therapy to include the family, or those who have had specialized family therapy and are ready to step down to a less intensive service.
How does my child qualify for Brief Family Therapy services?
- Participants must have a qualifying Axis 1 diagnosis or ASD diagnosis documented by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist in an evaluation report.
- Participants must be approved through the BHRS authorization process.
- The service can be recommended through a psychological evaluation or an Interagency Service Plan Team (ISPT) meeting.
For more information about how Brief Structural Family Therapy supports children with behavioral health challenges and helps strengthen families, contact Kathy Jeffery at 878-5945 or KJeffery@BarberInstitute.org